Krewe du Kitchen: Spicy Citrus Shrimp Noodle Bowl
Everyone needs something like this Spicy Citrus Shrimp Noodle Bowl in their life. With a sweet-spicy sauce and crisp vegetables, this meal is light, balanced, and flavorful!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 7-oz package shirataki noodles*
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 1/3 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- Juice of 1 orange (scant 1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger juice
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Chili flakes, for garnish (optional)
- Orange slices, for garnish (optional)
- Drain the package of shirataki noodles in a colander while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Thinly shred the carrot using the hand-held tool of your choice. Slice the half cucumber lengthwise, then thinly width-wise into crescents. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, whisk to combine the orange juice, chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, ginger juice, fish sauce, arrowroot starch and salt. Transfer to a medium skillet over low heat.
- Add the shrimp and noodles to the sauce immediately, then toss to coat as the shrimp cooks and the sauce thickens (this happens in a matter of minutes). Transfer to two bowls, and top with the shredded carrots and sliced cucumber.
- Sprinkle the chopped cashews over the combination, then add cilantro and chili flakes if desired
2019 05 02