Krewe du Kitchen: Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
Try this shrimp scampi with zucchini noodles when trying to cut down on the carbs! Serve over pasta of your choice if you’re looking for a more calorie dense meal.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/4 cup ghee or grass-fed butter if not Whole30
- 1/3 cup chicken broth (can sub for vegetable)
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- large pinch red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup parsley minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 zucchini medium, spiralized and sweat*
- 1/2-3/4 tsp salt for sweating zucchini
- Olive oil for sautéing zoodles
In a large skillet, melt the ghee or butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds. minute.
Add broth, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper and bring to a simmer. Allow broth to reduce y about half, cooking for 2 minutes or so.
Add shrimp and sauté until opaque and pink, about 3-4 minutes depending on size.
Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and parsley, then toss with the prepared zucchini noodles (see below)
After sweating zucchini noodles*, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Sauté the zoodles, using tongs to stir for even cooking, about 2 minutes for “al dente”. Toss with the shrimp scampi and serve immediately – enjoy!
2019 04 05