Krewe du Kitchen: Garlic Cilantro Shrimp
Looking for a super easy seafood recipe for a Friday during Lent? Look no further! This one is about as quick and easy as it gets. Serve with a vegetable of your choice and a healthy carb choice to round out this meal!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 c. chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 c. finely diced onion
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, lime juice, chili powder, salt, and cilantro and pour over shrimp. Mix until all the shrimp are coated. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, warm remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add onions and cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add coated shrimp and cook on one side until pink, about 45 seconds, then flip over. Cook until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Serve immediately with extra cilantro, if desired.
2019 03 15