Krewe du Kitchen: Cilantro Lime Fish Tacos
Who said tacos were just for Tuesday? Try these super simple fish tacos out whether you are looking for a meat free meal for lent, or just want to switch things up!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 lb white fish fillets, rinsed and pat dried (flounder, tilapia, etc)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped (seeds removed for less heat)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 8 white corn tortillas
- 4 ounces (1 medium haas) avocado, sliced
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- lime wedges and cilantro for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until translucent about 4 to 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Mix well.
- Place fish on the skillet and cook until the flesh starts to flake.
- Add jalapeño peppers, tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice. Sauté over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, breaking up the fish with the spoon to get everything mixed well; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas on a skillet or directly over the flame of the burner a minute or 2 on each side to warm.
- Serve a little over 1/4 cup of fish on each warmed tortilla topped with cabbage, avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
2019 03 22