Krewe du Kitchen: Ahi Tuna Poke Bowls
Try this dish when you are looking for a fun “create your own” style dinner that’s super quick and healthy. Get creative and play around with the toppings!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- ½ pound sushi grade tuna, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced white onion
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon sriracha
- 1 medium mango
- 1 small (4-ounce) Hass avocado
- ½ medium cucumber
- ½-1 small jalapeno (to taste)
- 2 scallions
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted Macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Reduced sodium soy or gluten-free tamari, for serving (optional)
- Sriracha, for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna with onion, scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil and sriracha.
- Gently toss to combine and set aside while you prepare the bowls.
- Peel, seed and cube the mango and avocado. Peel, halve, seed and thinly slice the cucumber. Thinly slice the jalapeno and scallions.
- In 2 bowls, layer 1/2 the rice, 1/2 the tuna, mango, avocado, cucumber, jalapeno and scallions.
- Top with Macadamia nuts and sesame seeds and serve with lime wedges and extra sauce on the side, if desired
Read more at https://www.skinnytaste.com/ahi-poke-bowl/#VRsXwPp1Efz6J3Ju.99
2019 04 12